Friday, August 31, 2007

The Long Cut

I'm not much of a magazine reader. I'll pick different one's up from time to time based on a friends advice. My current trial is that of The Economist. Since I'm not willing to commit a subscription just yet, I pick them up when I can. Last night, I went into Borders Books to get the latest copy. When I checked out and paid my six dollars and some odd sense for one magazine, I received not one, but two receipts. The first was the smaller, denoting the details of my purchase. It was a bit long for what it was, but my attention shifted to the second one. It was much longer and filled with coupons and lots of "fluff". The two receipts totalled over a foot long. I checked what I had purchased - still one, seventy-five page magazine. So, why the long receipt? We are living in this age of reuse, reduce, and recycle and yet a corporation such as Borders cannot give me a reasonably lengthed receipt for one item.



I wrote to Borders regarding this and they got back to me rather quickly stating that they would make the suggestion to the powers that be. As for now, I am not shopping there.

No comments: